Start Date: Tuesday, April 18th, 2017
Finish Date: Friday, May 5th, 2017
Please read ALL Rules and Regulations
The following are deadline dates for entry:
Early-bird: January 15, 2017
(see Syllabus for specific divisions)
Regular: January 31, 2017
Schools: February 15, 2017
The Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival is open to participants who live in the City of Orillia, or the Townships of Oro-Medonte, Severn, Rama, and Ramara.
We are looking forward to your participation in the 2017 Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival!
The Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival is pleased to announce that a number of grants will be awarded to participants in the 2017 Music Festival. The only participants who will be considered will be those who have submitted an application for these awards. The application form for the grants can be found on the website under Grant Application. These grants will be awarded in place of scholarships previously awarded. Various trophies will still be awarded in all divisions at the Stars of the Festival concert at St. Paul's Centre, to be held on Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017.
Please take note of the following:
- See the Preamble to each of these Divisions for more details.
- The 'Early-Bird' deadline for the Brass & Percussion, Choral, Piano, String Instruments, Vocal, Woodwind Instruments, and Community Bands and Orchestras divisions is January 15th. January 31st is the final deadline in these divisions. Entries for these divisions cannot be accepted after this date.
- The 'Early-Bird deadline for the Creative Music division is January 31st, and the final deadline for this division is February 15th. Entries for this division cannot be accepted after this date.
- The deadline for the Drama & Speech Arts, School Instrumental, and School Choirs/School Vocal divisions is February 15th. Entries for these divisions cannot be accepted after this date.
- Payment of entry fees must be by cheque or money order only. Cash will not be accepted.
- An entry will not be considered as being received unless it has the accompanying cheque or money order indicating the correct amount to cover the appropriate fees for the classes indicated on the entry form.
- Entry forms and the accompanying cheque or money order must be put in a sealed envelope if they are going to be hand delivered to the 'drop off' location.
- If possible, list the title and composer for each "Own Choice" selection on the entry form. (Participants will be expected to announce the title and composer of each "own choice" selection before it is performed during the Festival classes.)
- The official Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival program 2017 will be available on our website by April 3, 2017. Please check this online program for your class times and locations.
VOLUNTEERS ARE WELCOME!
The Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival would not exist if it were not for the support and assistance of many volunteers from Orillia and area. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming part of the Music Festival Volunteer Team, please contact our Volunteers Coordinator