The tentative schedule for the 2017 Festival is as follows:
Dates: Week of Monday April 30th, 2018
Venue: St. Paul's Centre, Sanctuary
Adjudicator: To be determined
Please be sure to read all the rules and regulations. Also note the following:
- The ‘Early-Bird’ deadline is January 15th.
The final deadline for entries in this division is January 31st.
- Participants are asked to be prepared to announce the title and composer of their selected pieces.
- In all classes in which the "Test Piece" is to be the participant's “Own Choice”, the selection chosen must not be a work for which the participant has received a Gold standing at any previous Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival.
- Memorization is not expected in these classes.
- An original printed copy of the “Own Choice” selection must be given to the session secretary for the adjudicator's use. Please ensure that bar numbers are indicated on the adjudicator’s copy.
- Participants should bring their own music stands, if needed.
- Workshop classes consist of a 15-minute session with the adjudicator. Please note that these classes are only open to participants who have entered at least one other Brass and Percussion class in our 2013 Festival.
- Participants must be of the prescribed age on the first day of January in the current year of the Festival.
- The adjudicator may recommend one senior brass participant at the Associate Conservatory level (open class) and one participant at each of the grades 7, 8, 9 and 10 Conservatory levels to represent the Orillia Festival at the Ontario Provincial Music Festival. For more information regarding the criteria for possible recommendation, visit the Ontario Music Festivals Association website: www.omfa.info.
By federal law, photocopying of music is illegal. Photocopies of copyrighted music will not be accepted by the session secretaries.
Music that has been downloaded from the Internet must indicate that it has been legally downloaded
The Test Piece in all of the following classes will be the participant’s “Own Choice”.
Trumpet, Cornet, French Horn, E-Flat Alto Horn, Trombone, Baritone, Euphonium, Tuba
|B-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$15||$18|
|B-J||12 years and under||$15||$18|
|B-I||15 years and under||$15||$18|
|B-S||18 years and under||$17||$20|
|B-O||Open - advanced repertoire||$19||$22|
|B2-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$21||$24|
|B2-J||12 years and under||$21||$24|
|B2-I||15 years and under||$21||$24|
|B2-S||18 years and under||$22||$25|
|B2-O||Open - advanced repertoire||$24||$27|
|B3-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$25||$28|
|B3-J||12 years and under||$25||$28|
|B3-I||15 years and under||$25||$28|
|B3-S||18 years and under||$26||$29|
|B3-O||Open - advanced repertoire||$27||$30|
|B4-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$29||$32|
|B4-J||12 years and under||$29||$32|
|B4-I||15 years and under||$29||$32|
|B4-S||18 years and under||$30||$33|
|B4-O||Open - advanced repertoire||$32||$35|
|B5-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$31||$34|
|B5-J||12 years and under||$31||$34|
|B5-I||15 years and under||$31||$34|
|B5-S||18 years and under||$32||$35|
|B5-O||Open - advanced repertoire||$34||$37|
|BE-I||15 years and under||$34||$37|
|BE-S||18 years and under||$35||$38|
|BE-O||Open - advanced repertoire||$36||$39|
|BE-CY||Community Groups - Youth||$34||$37|
|BE-CA||Community Groups - Adult||$36||$39|
Adult Brass Classes
The Test Piece in all of the following classes will be the participant’s “Own Choice”. An adult is considered to be 21 years of age or over who is not a College or University Music Student.
|AB-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$16||$19|
|AB-J||Junior - Grade 2-4 RCM or equivalent repertoire||$16||$19|
|AB-I||Intermediate - Grade 6-8 RCM or equivalent repertoire||$17||$20|
|AB-S||Senior - Grade 9-10 RCM or equivalent repertoire||$18||$21|
|ABDT-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$22||$25|
|ABDT-J||Junior - 2nd or 3rd year of study||$22||$25|
|ABDT-I||Intermediate - 4th or 5th year of study||$23||$26|
|ABDT-A||Advanced - 6 or more years of study||$25||$28|
|ABQ-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$30||$33|
|ABQ-J||Junior - 2nd or 3rd year of study||$30||$33|
|ABQ-I||Intermediate - 4th or 5th year of study||$31||$34|
|ABQ-A||Advanced - 6 or more years of study||$33||$36|
The Test Piece in all of the following classes will be the participant's “Own Choice”.
|PR-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$15||$18|
|PR-J||12 years and under||$15||$18|
|PR-I||15 years and under||$15||$18|
|PR-S||18 years and under||$17||$20|
|PR2-B||Beginner - 1st year of study||$21||$24|
|PR2-J||12 years and under||$21||$24|
|PR2-I||15 years and under||$21||$24|
|PR2-S||18 years and under||$22||$25|
|PRE-J||12 years and under||$31||$34|
|PRE-I||15 years and under||$31||$34|
|PRE-S||18 years and under||$32||$35|
|PRE-O||Open - advanced repertoire, no age limit||$34||$37|