The Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival Bursary Fund is to assist an arts student from Orillia and area.
This year the amount of the bursary will be between $350.00 and $500.00 depending on fundraising and the number of applicants. The goal of this bursary is to help pay for music lessons for a deserving student who might otherwise be unable to continue or begin lessons because of limited family financial resources. This money may also be used towards entry fees for the Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival.
If you are aware of a student who is truly in need of such financial assistance, please write a recommendation letter on behalf of the student and his or her family.
The deadline is January 10th of the upcoming Festival year.
The recommendation letter should include the following information:
- Age of student
- Number of years you have known the student
- Number of years you have instructed the student (if applicable) and the instrument
- Other family members that are currently taking private music lessons
- Other musical groups or musical pursuits at school or in the community with which the student has been involved
- A personal assessment of the student's study habits and work ethic in general, particularly regarding the student's musical studies
- A detailed explanation of the reason this student is deserving of this bursary, including as much information as you can give as to why this particular student, and the student's family, is in need of financial assistance
NOTE: The name of the student you are recommending for the bursary is NOT to be included in the recommendation letter. If the student you have recommended for the bursary is selected by the Selection Committee to be the recipient, you will be contacted. The name of the student will not be made known to the public.
Please send recommendation letters for the Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival Bursary before January 10th of the upcoming Festival year to:
Orillia Kiwanis Music Festival
Annual Bursary Selection Committee
P.O. Box 2412
Orillia, Ontario L3V 7A3