The tentative schedule for the 2017 Festival is as follows:
Dates: Week of Monday, April 24th, 2017
Venue: St. Paul’s Centre, Sanctuary
Adjudicator: Sharon Prater
Please be sure to read all the rules and regulations at the beginning of the syllabus. Also note the following:
- The ‘Early-Bird’ deadline is January 15th. The final deadline for entries in this division is January 31st.
- Conductors are asked to be prepared to announce the title and composer of their selected pieces.
- Memorization is not expected in these classes.
- Participation is limited to amateur ensembles only.
- Each ensemble should contain no fewer than six players, unless otherwise noted. (Please indicate the approximate number of players in the ensemble or band on the entry form.)
- The time limit for each performing group is ten minutes of music.
- A copy of the complete original score must be given to the session secretary for the adjudicator’s use. The first bar of each line of the score should be numbered.
- Workshop classes consist of a 15-minute session with the adjudicator. Workshops are only open to groups who have entered at least one other Community Ensembles class in our 2017 Festival.
- The adjudicator may recommend one ensemble or band to represent the Orillia Festival at the Ontario Provincial Music Festival. For more information regarding the criteria for possible recommendation, visit the Ontario Music Festivals Association website: www.omfa.info
By federal law, photocopying of music is illegal. Photocopies of copyrighted music will not be accepted by the session secretaries.
Music that has been downloaded from the Internet must indicate that it has been legally downloaded.
The Test Piece in all of the following classes will be the participating group’s “Own Choice”.
|CBS-Y||Concert Band -Youth||$34||$37|
|CBS-A||Concert Band - Adult||$36||$39|
|SBS-Y||Stage Band - Youth||$34||$37|
|SBS-A||Stage Band - Adult||$36||$39|
|OS-Y||Orchestra - Youth||$34||$37|
|OS-A||Orchestra - Adult||$36||$39|
|SE-W||Small Ensemble Workshop||$39||$42|
|IM-F||All players from the same immediate family||$20||$23|